When you make use of Propertize’s services, Propertize may process your personal data. Propertize is committed to protect the personal data you provide. Personal data will be processed in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation. The purpose of this statement is to inform you what Propertize does with your personal data.
This statement was last updated on May 23, 2018.
Propertize and your privacy
If you become a client of Propertize, either directly or through your adviser, we will ask you for your personal data. We can use of your personal data in order to:
- process your application;
- enter into agreements with you and perform those agreements:
- do statistic research;
- preserve the security and integrity of the financial sector;
- prevent and fight fraud;
- comply with laws and regulations;
- maintain and expand our relationship with you;
- communicate with you;
- make you offers;
- share it with business partners, such as advisers and reinsurers.
Your personal data will not be sold or rented out or otherwise made available to third parties, unless:
- such third parties are engaged in handling your application and/or entering into and performing agreements;
- this is necessary in order to protect your rights and/or our rights;
- we are obliged to do so by law;
- you have given us permission to sell, rent out or otherwise provide your personal data to third parties.
Please note that, for counterterrorism purposes, the American authorities may claim your personal data if you make international payments.
Propertize will not store your personal data longer than strictly necessary for the purpose of processing. Your personal data will not be stored more than one year if we did not reach an agreement. Exception are the personal data that we have to keep longer if this is legally required.
Propertize processes your personal data:
- for the performance of a contract or in order to take steps prior to entering into a contract;
- for compliance with legal and/or regulatory obligations;
- in order to protect any natural person’s vital interest;
- for the purpose of legitimate interests pursued by Propertize or by a third party;
- if you have given consent for one or more specific purposes (you have the right to withdraw consent);
- if this is necessary for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of an official authority vested in Propertize.
- you may provide us for the purpose of a job application, such as your full name, date of birth, address, phone number, nationality, marital status and any other personal data set out in your application.
Sharing with others
Our website is free of cookies.
You, as a data subject, have the right:
- to request conformation from Propertize as to whether or not your personal data is being processed;
- to request the rectification or correction of your personal data if it is inaccurate or incomplete;
- to request the erasure of personal data that relates to you. Please note that there may be circumstances in which we are required to retain your data in order to meet our legal and/or regulatory obligations;
- to request restriction of processing. Again, there may be circumstances in which we are legally entitled to refuse your request;
- to receive personal data and to transmit those data to another controller, as far as the personal data have been provided by yourself;
- to object your profiling based on grounds related to your particular situation.
- To withdraw your consent. Again there may be circumstances in which we are entitled to continue processing, in particular if the processing is required to meet our legal and/or regulatory obligations.
A request in this context may be filed via firstname.lastname@example.org and will be responded at the latest within one month after receipt of the request. You have to specify which personal data it concerns (we may ask you to specify you request in more detail, to enable us to correct process your request). If the request is complex or numerous, this may be extended by two months in which case you will be informed within one month after receipt of the request. Propertize may decide to refuse to respond in which case you have the right to complain to the Dutch Data Protection Authority.
A request is free of charge, but administrative costs may be charged when a request is manifestly unfounded or excessive, particularly if it is repetitive, or with requests for further copies of the same information. The latest in the opinion of and under the terms of Propertize.
Propertize takes security of your personal data seriously and continuously takes appropriate measures to prevent misuse, loss, unauthorised access, unwanted disclosure and unauthorised modification. Your provided personal data are stored in a secure environment and all employees who have access to your personal data are under the obligation to keep these secret. If you have the impression that your personal data is not properly secured or there are indications of misuse, please contact Propertize via email@example.com.